04 Oct How to prepare tea
Posted at 12:09h in Inspiration
How to prepare tea
Tea preparation is a simple and affordable process for everybody, although there are little details that we must consider in order to achieve its maximum essence and obtain the best possible quality.
- Heat the water until it boils. For white and green teas, once the water is boiling, turn off the heat and set it aside for a minute. For oolong, red and black teas we do use very hot water, boiling.
- Preheat the teapot and the cups pouring hot water and rinsing after.
- Put a couple of leaves per cup into the teapot, but feel free to experiment with higher or lower quantities.
- Pour the boiling water into the teapot, over the tea leaves that we have previously introduced.
- Allow the tea to rest 3 to 6 minutes depending on our personal preferences and tea type: white and green tea need a shorter infusion period than oolong, red and black. It is important to avoid extra infusion minutes to prevent bitterness, nevertheless, try different times to match your personal taste.
- When the time to serve the tea comes, do it gently, pouring a small and even amount in each cup. The last drops are always the ones with the most intense flavour, so little by little, we will have all the cups served in a uniform way.
- Enjoy the smell and flavour of your natural and homemade tea.